Saturday, February 9, 2013

Arizona

This past week Elena and I (and Chad for a couple days) spent our days basking in the Arizona sun, spending lots of quality time with Gramma and Grampa.  One could easily get used to the "retired life" that my parents lead out there during the cold Indiana winters....just sayin!

Chad flew out with us and spent the weekend packing in a visit to the Phoenix Open golf tournament, hiking, scenic drives and even a dinner date with me!  Once he flew home, we enjoyed lazy, therapy-free days.  We spent hours just relaxing on the front porch.  I even logged some time at the pool.  Gramma & I did some shopping and came home with an entire spring/summer wardrobe for Elena.  Ha!  So much so, that I had to bring home a second suitcase!  Grampa entertained Elena with his renditions of "Old McDonald", blowing his nose, and just about every noise he could come up with.  She thought he was HILARIOUS!  At least someone laughs at your jokes, Dad. :)

Laney met all of Gramma's friends and neighbors who continue to pray for her.  We even dropped in on her Bible Study group and were able to meet all the lovely ladies who have prayed for us since day one.  It was a great reminder of all the love and support our family has all over the country!

All in all, it was a great trip.  Elena was the best little traveler.  She was easy on the four hour flight out there. I was nervous to fly home solo with her, but she was such a champ.  I was so grateful for that!

We're hoping since the Groundhog didn't see his shadow, spring in Indiana is just a few weeks away!  For now, back to reality....





 Are you kidding me with this cuteness??!

Had to squeeze in a couple of these....mmmmmmm!

Laney loved the Horsey at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment