Monday, March 4, 2013

Don't YOU worry!

Yes, I'm still here.  I'm not hunkered down under the covers.  I'm not wallowing each day in negativity.  I know my last post wasn't Polly Positivity, but guess what, neither is life.  This blog serves as an outlet for my emotions and an honest description of what our journey really is.  I would be lying to you if every time I posted I talked about how amazing is this, and how wonderful is that.  The truth is, this journey sometimes REALLY sucks.  And sometimes we feel so blessed.  Like I said, there are highs and lows.  I wouldn't be very honest if I only shared the highs.

The last couple weeks have still been tough.  Elena is still struggling through never-ending issues.  And so are we.  But, God knows all this.  He's thrown in a little inspiration here and there the last couple weeks.

One is Chad.  Man, he's a good one!  When I'm down, he is so good about picking me back up.  He is so calm and patient with me when I'm upset about something.  He quietly reminds me how amazing our little girl is, how we are all in this together and that doctors are silly.  :)  He always knows just what to say to get me to pull it together.  And he hates attention like this, so I'd better stop going on about him before I make him blush.  Ha!

I recently subscribed to a daily devotional email.  The other day, Elena and I were melting down after two doctor appointments, where one was telling me what would be "impossible" for Elena to achieve.  I came home to my daily devotional on "Tearing Down the Impossible".  This is a snippet...

"You don't have enough faith,' Jesus told them. 'I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." Matthew 17:20 (NLV)

I don't know what impossibility you might be facing.

But remember - all impossibilities have a weak spot. It's there. Ask God to show you where it is. Ask God for just enough strength to attack there. Tear it down one good decision at a time.

And soon it will be clear, inside every impossible is the word "possible"... if only we dare to see it.

Boom.  I immediately declared that I WILL find the weak spot and attack.

Today's devotional was "There is Purpose in the Wait" about David's waiting for God's purpose in his life.  And man, do we wait around here.  Elena's progress is slow.  We work and work and wait and wait.  I can't tell you how often we hear that "we will just have to wait and see".  Elena has no "prognosis".  It is all work hard and "wait and see".  So, obviously this one hit home.  

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14 (NLT)

If we allow it, our waiting will bring us to an intimate knowledge of God that we would not otherwise have. Most of David's beautiful and poetic psalms were written while in caves, caverns, and the wilderness, waiting on God.

God does not ignore the cries of His children. David cried and begged God for help, intervention, and defense. God never let David down.

Our waiting has a purpose for someone other that ourselves. It's not all about us. Just think of how rich our lives are today because of the wait David endured. We have the comfort, compassion, hope, and healing of the Psalms.

What awesome instructions David's life gives for waiting! Waiting is less difficult and the future is brighter when we let God do His work in our waiting season. When we let our guard and defenses down, we're open to seeing how faithful He is to bring His plans for our lives to fullness.

So don't you worry about us.  Even though we have tough days, we have great days too.  We are being taken care of each and every day, whether we recognize it or not.  

You can subscribe to the free daily devotionals that I do HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment