Friday, June 20, 2014

Slowed Down Summer?

So much for our "slowed down" summer!  June is nearly over and it hardly feels like we've had any break.  Our typical Jackson Center/Mother's Day Out days so far have been filled up with appointments and busy days.  It's hard to remember how we used to fit everything in!  Elena has only three weeks left of First Steps before she transitions out into private therapy.  Eek!  How is my baby going to be 3?!

Right now life is all about getting to the next transition.  I keep thinking once we get there, things will slow down but inevitably....they don't!  There are always big decisions to make, health issues to manage and appointments to fit in.  It can all be pretty overwhelming, especially when I'm sleep deprived and I feel like my brain is operating at 30% function!  Thankfully, Chad is great at taking things off my plate and assuming the reigns.  I honestly would lose my mind without him.  He's so patient (when I lose mine).  He never complains (when I'm a ball of complaints).  He rarely has time to himself between working all day and then rushing home to relieve me.  He is such an amazing Daddy.  Elena lights up when she hears him come home from work.  Chad works incredibly hard at his job and works even harder to be the best husband and Daddy.  We are so lucky to have him and we love him SO much!

He celebrated Father's Day last weekend by doing all of the above.  I was able to get away last weekend to celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays in Louisville.  He did have to call in back-up in his Dad and Step-Mom to help, but I was able to get away without fear of our house falling apart!  But, I was thankful for much needed girlfriend time and 24 hours without a crying baby.  And for the record, as soon as I got home, I released him to the golf course :)

Before I wrap up this post, I guess I should mention our other child!  Cal is doing well.  Just when I was hitting rock bottom trying to get him on a consistent schedule and doing everything humanly possible to get him to sleep longer than 3 hour stretches at night, he seemed to finally get the hang of it.  Thankfully, we have had several good days and nights in a row, where he actually naps longer than 20 minutes and has slept 5-6 hours consecutively at night.  I'm hoping it's here to stay!  He is as cute as can be, looking exactly like his Daddy.  In the last week, he's showed us his sweet dimpled smile. I had forgotten how quickly they change at this age and how fun it is to watch them develop.  I think we'll keep him :)



No comments:

Post a Comment