Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Mamaw!

This past weekend we celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday.  She's my only surviving grandparent left and she's still feisty as ever at 90.  We are so fortunate to continue to celebrate her and the amazing 90 years she has lived.  I never tire of hearing her stories of life through the Great Depression, World War II and everything in the world that has changed since.

My Mamaw has always been so special to me, not only because she was always entertaining us and acting silly to get us to laugh, but because she laid the foundation of faith in our family.  She has wrapped her entire family in prayer her whole life.  I've never felt it more than the last three years with everything we've endured with Elena.  She is our prayer warrior.  I'm so grateful for her.

I only hope that I can have her strength, faith and fire (and ridiculous wit!) when I'm 90.  I love you, Granny!  You're the heart of our family!



No comments:

Post a Comment