Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter

We had a lovely day yesterday.  Spring has sprung here in Indy.  We had a beautiful day yesterday to celebrate Easter.

Our day began at church, where we had a great message (and very fitting!) from our minister.  All day yesterday I was repeating to myself, "Because of the Resurrection, we have HOPE.....and because God raised His Son from the dead, anything, absolutely anything IS possible with God.  What a great promise that is and a great reminder for us every day.  We fully claim that!  

Later, we enjoyed lunch with my family at my parents.  It was so great to spend time with our family.  We enjoyed many laughs and had fun watching my cousin's two girls hunt Easter eggs in the backyard.  

Of course, Elena was a doll in her Easter dress!  The Easter Bunny brought her a basket full of toys (visual objects) and a few Reese's eggs for Mom and Dad.  Uncle Aaron and Aunt Amber got her a basket of goodies too!  The best present was a bouncy horse that the Easter Bunny left at our house to open when we got home.  She L-O-V-E-D it!  It was pretty great to see her to just have fun with a toy and it not necessarily be "therapy" related.  I told Laney that maybe the Easter bunny will bring her a real pony some day.  I'm not sure if Chad appreciated that or not! :)

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!!
Half of Gramma & Laney


Cousin Maggie & Elena

 Laney LOVED sitting on Great-Granny's lap!
 Going for a ride!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping me informed as to how I can pray.
    I am a friend of Gramma Connie's from Bible study in AZ.
    We were all thankful to have you stop in to see us.
    God's blessings on you and your family from day to day.
    In Him,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete