Monday, April 15, 2013

Quote

Chad has always been inspired by quotes.  I find them inspiring too, but I can never remember them well enough to use them!  He can rattle off at least 15 of his favorite quotes at any given moment and uses them to motivate him in most everything he does.  Through our journey with Elena we have both used quotes and scripture to keep us going and give us a new perspective on any given situation that we are facing.  He sent me this quote yesterday and it was a goodie.  

"Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration and expectation."
   -Jack Nicklaus

Chad asked me yesterday if I still get sad sometimes.  Of course I do.  I told him I would think it strange if we didn't get sad at times.  We laughed that it's good though that we don't still lose it 20 times throughout the day like we used to.  Just because the wound isn't still fresh doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt and won't leave a permanent scar.  We are adjusting to our new reality.  However, this quote struck a chord with me.  Even though we are growing accustomed to Elena's challenges, we can NEVER stop raising our expectations and aspirations for her.  She will continue to achieve as long as we keep pushing her.  

Thanks for the motivation yesterday, Jack. 
 

2 comments:

  1. You are both so amazing. You handle everything with strength, calmness, and grace. Love you both and keep doing the amazing job with Laney. With God's healing hand, and your determination and Laney's fighting spirit she is going to exceed everyone's expectations. love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmalee and Chad,
    What a wonderful blog you wrote! Your faith and dedication, not only inspires Elena, but everyone that knows you, as well! You are always in my prayers.....such amazing parents!

    Take care,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete