Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April

Whoa, like where did April go?  All of a sudden, everything is green outside.  The temperatures are rising.  Easter has come and gone.  My due date is fast approaching and I would like to have this baby any day now!

We have been BUSY!  I have been ordering furnishings and home decor at a record pace trying to get things settled.  Pictures are ready to be hung.  Nursery is near finished.  Elena is in her big girl room.  I'm growing larger by the minute it seems.  All the while, this little guy has been staying cozy and comfortable in my rib cage.  He is clearly running out of room because I can hardly breathe and my heartburn has been terrible.  Hate to break it to him, he's making Mom pretty miserable and it's time to experience how cozy Mom's arms will be.

It's nice to finally feel like I can breathe (figuratively, of course...I seriously can't breathe) though.  Most the *important* items have been checked off our list and we are definitely ready for baby. A few more weeks and our house should be finished on the outside, then we can finally plant grass in our mudpit of a backyard.  I know Chad and I will be thrilled when this year long project will be OVER!!

Besides all the crazy preparations for baby and getting settled, we have had time to enjoy the beautiful spring weather.  This past weekend we took Elena to her first baseball game.  While she only lasted three innings, I fully enjoyed a smorgasbord of ballpark delicacies in those short three innings.  Sunday was Easter and we had a great day with family.  That is until Elena came down with a stomach bug, that she passed along to seven of the 15 people we were with that day.  Nothing like enduring a stomach bug 39 weeks pregnant!  Thankfully it was fast and furious and we are all starting to feel better.

I'll end this mishmash of a post with a HUGE thank you to all of you who have donated to Elena's Walking for Dreams team.  We have been totally overwhelmed with your generosity.  It means so much to us to have such amazing support for Elena and the Jackson Center.  There's still plenty of time to donate (any donation amount is SO helpful and appreciated!).  You can simply CLICK HERE, where it says "Credit my donation to" select individual walker, scroll down to Hinton, Elena.  You can always mail a check too if you feel more comfortable.  Again, THANK YOU!

Elena's first baseball game!


No comments:

Post a Comment