Sunday, December 7, 2014

7 Months

Cal is seven months old!  Well, ten days ago....ok, so I'm a little behind.

I'm finding myself wishing I could capture every single moment and hold it forever.  He is SO fun.  I can't even begin to share how much he has enriched our lives.  Elena included.  I think she finds him just as funny as we do.  Everything is new, exciting and happy.

Let's see, this month (like every month) has brought changes.  Cal is sitting really well all by himself.  He's still loving food and has started grunting (must be a guy thing) when he's eating.  It's pretty funny.  He loves to squeal as loud as he possibly can and thinks it's even better when you squeal back.  He's not quite crawling yet, but he has the army crawl down pat.  Cal definitely gets where he needs to go!  We love to watch him roll all over to get that toy or better yet, Pete's tags.  Speaking of, he has really been into Pete this month.  He watches him wherever he goes and always want to grab his ears or his dog tags.  Pete, for once, is actually a good dog and lets Cal do whatever to him.

Cal's up on all fours a lot, rocking back and forth.  He'll get his knees to move but hasn't quite figured out how to move his arms without falling on his face.  It's so fun to see his little wheels turning as he attempts a new move.  He has a "pose", too.  He'll roll over onto his side, cross his ankles and lay one arm on top of his legs.  It definitely makes him look like he's posing for Mr. December 2014.  It never fails to make us laugh!  

Cal is working on new sounds.  He has accomplished "das", "bas", "ohs", "ahs" and "ooos".  This is in addition to high pitched screams and grunts, of course.  Sounds like he is quite the caveman :)  Elena loves when he "talks".  They get a little back and forth banter going sometimes and Chad and I about die over the cuteness.  A lot of times, Elena will just roll with giggles at him.  I can't blame her, we do most the time too.  It has been so fun to watch how he entertains her.  I can only imagine what these two will be like together...makes my heart happy.

He had quite the adventures this month!  He took his first trip to Arizona (which I'll post about later), stayed with Grandma when we took Elena to New Jersey, and had his first Thanksgiving.  He is such a good boy.  When we were in New Jersey t was my first time away from him for an extended period.    It made it so much easier to know he was in good hands so we could focus on Elena, though it looked like he had aged ten years when we came home!

Our little guy continues to be an enormous blessing in our lives.  It's crazy to think that seven months ago, we were so unsure how he would fit into our lives and our routine, let alone how he would be with Elena.  He truly is God-sent.  He fits so perfectly into our little family that I can't even remember how we functioned without him.  

 The "Pose"

 All three of my boys!

 7 Months Old!

 Sneak peek of his 6 month pics...more to come!

My Mom pulled some pictures of me as a baby to confirm that the chipmunk cheeks were indeed an inherited Frey trait :)  I had hoped for a mini-Chad, but it appears Cal may be a mini-Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of him in the puffer vest! So adorable

    ReplyDelete