Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Arizona Vacay

This spring, we had planned a family vacation to Arizona.  When Elena's surgery got moved up, we were debating on whether or not to cancel.  Though it made things a bit more chaotic, we were so glad we went.

We scored a deal with the Westin (and had to listen to an hour presentation on time shares of course!) to stay at their beautiful Kierland Resort in Scottsdale for four days.  Then, we had planned to spend three more days with my parents, but cut it a little short because of New Jersey.  It all worked out and we had a blast.  My parents kept Elena and Calvin the first three days, which gave us some time to spend with our dear friends who flew down from Seattle for a few days.  We had SO much fun!  

My parents brought the kids back to the resort where we spent another day and half enjoying some pool time with Elena and Cal.  We checked out on Wednesday morning and headed to my parents for the day.  While the Westin was beautiful, I have to say the service was far better at my parents :)  My Mom flew back with us on Thursday.

We had one day to unpack, do laundry and repack, then took off Saturday for New Jersey.  It was a whirlwind, but gave us some great time together as a family, and gave Chad and me a nice little break from parental duties!  

I'm ready for another vacation :)

 Laney & Grampa Frey

Out for a walk at the Kierland

 Gramma & Cal at the pool

 Family bed :)

Moms night out!  

Chad & Adam

Thanks to Gramma & Grampa for watching the kids so we could have a vacation on our vacation!  And thanks to the Corson's who brought the fun!  We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment