Wednesday, January 28, 2015

9 Months

Our Calvin is nine months old!  It's so hard to believe we waited nine months for him to arrive, and we've had the joy of getting to know him and watch him grow for that same amount of time.  I can't even begin to describe the happiness, smiles and love he has added to our family.

At nine months, Cal is definitely on the go.  He getting super quick at crawling.  He can practically crawl the length of our house (which is a realllly ranch) in a flash.  I think he's really enjoying this new "freedom".  His favorite, though, is to stand and hold on to whatever he can find.  He pulls up on our counter stools, Elena's wheelchair, Elena's stander, the ottoman, our patio doors, my legs!  Everything!  Just in the last week he has started to move around these objects while standing too.  It's so fun to watch him figure out how to get around.

His new sound is "go-go" and "ga-ga".  He loves saying "go-go-go-go".  He'll clap his hands and practice all his new sounds.  So far he's saying "go", "ga", "ba", "na", "da-da" (Chad's favorite), "za-za" and "sssss".  He does the last two bearing his cute little teeth.  With his growing vocabulary, I'm still anxiously awaiting that beloved "ma-ma".  He's holding out on me!

Calvin's still growing like a weed.  He's totally in 12 month clothes now, though he is thinning out a bit now that he's on the move.  He is 21lbs, but getting so tall at 31.5".  Chad's holding out hope for continued height and can't wait to start him doing basketball drills. :)

He's still such a happy boy and really easy going.  He makes Elena laugh every day, which I can already see boosts his confidence, hah!  Cal's sweet and snuggly and is so fun for me to watch.  I love seeing him grow and change.  It's hard to believe that I'll be planning a first birthday in just a few months.  For now, I continue to savor all these sweet baby moments with him, because I know he'll be a toddler before I know it.  We love you Cal-boy!







2 comments: