Friday, January 9, 2015

On the Move

Ok.  So much for blogging more.  Resolution #1, down the drain.  Sorry!  Chad was gone for the whole first week of January and I spent that week losing it, then getting it back together, then losing it again SO I'm back together again now and all is well.

Side note:  Single Momming it is really, really, really hard.  Apparently, you cannot lose it.  EVER.

Side note again:  I'm really, really, really thankful for you, Chad.  I don't lose it nearly as much when you're around.  And that's good.

Anyway, notes aside, Cal is on the move!  The day Chad left Cal officially began crawling.  He had perfected his slither/army crawl across our hardwood floors, but now he is fully (and ridiculously fast) hands/knees on the go.  That was last Friday.  Then Saturday, I noticed he would crawl then pull up to our ottoman on his knees.  Skill mastered.  Then Sunday morning, I look over and he's standing at our ottoman.  I thought to myself that Pete must've pushed him up there until I saw him pull himself up to stand.  And by Monday, he was reading, writing and solving math problems.  Just kidding.  But seriously, in a matter of three days Cal had really upped his mobility game.

So, obviously not knowing what to do, I panicked and lowered his crib, locked up the cleaning product cabinet and cleared the ottoman of the remotes and lovely scented candles.  We are officially on the move around here.




His first shotgun ride at the grocery.

Pretty proud of himself

No comments:

Post a Comment