Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Wednesday Thought

I started a blogpost today complaining describing how increasingly difficult it is becoming for me to figure out logistics for getting Elena and Cal anywhere these days.  About three paragraphs in, I realized that I was indeed complaining.  I thought to myself...seriously, Emmalee?  Is this really THAT big of a deal?

Is it difficult to do anything or go anywhere with a three year old who can't walk and an increasingly active 8 month old?  Yes.   Are there bigger problems in the world?  Yes!  Did it make me stop and think, in all reality, how incredibly fortunate I really am?  There are so many things that we "want" in life, that would just make things soooo much easier or make us sooo much happier.  I could totally use another set of hands every day or a 30 minute nap when 3:30pm rolls around.  But, so what if that doesn't work out for me.  Chances are, I will survive.

I saw a quote the other morning and it has sort of stuck with me the last few days.

"If you don't feel grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?"

Isn't that so true?  Don't we always think that just that one thing will make all the difference in our life?  I would venture to bet that each of you reading this blog has a home, with heat, food in the pantry, a car that runs and about a million other things that a billion people in this world don't have.  My worst day is still probably better than the day of hundreds of millions of people.

So, maybe just for today, before you start to complain about something seemingly silly, erase those paragraphs and start over with something perhaps more productive!  Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment